Are you implementing any content marketing strategy for your business? If yes, then it is great and you must have seen results for the same! If not then you must have a look at its benefits and what sort of results you may look for?
According to the statistics, there are around 63% of businesses that do not have any content marketing strategy for their business according to the research by content marketing Institute i.e. CMI and MarketingProfs.
Today, it has become very crucial for every business to learn how to create a content strategy? If you don’t have much knowledge regarding the same; don’t worry, here you will get all the answers.
Let’s start with the basic definition of content marketing; content marketing is a process of creating and sharing unique information that is relevant to your business requirements(i.e.Valuable for your business audience).
The importance of content marketing:
Why do content marketing? is what everyone needs an answer to. Well, the main reason behind creating content is that; it focuses on telling stories and building narrative while other ads are just the prospect of sales.
And when it comes to connecting to your audience, people likely look for the brand that delivers quality, educational content, etc. And content has the power to connect people with emotions and beliefs that let people take action.
Let’s get some real stats about content marketing strategy;
- According to DemandMetric research, content marketing costs 62% less than traditional advertising and also helps in generating leads 3 times than normal marketing campaigns.
- According to Aberdeen, using content marketing strategies, businesses have seen six times higher conversion rates than non-adopters.
- According to the Custom Content Council study; 72% of businesses think content marketing is much more effective than going for advertising.
- While around 62% of businesses claim that content marketing strategies will generate better results than on TV, magazine, direct mail, and public relations.
These are only the tip of the iceberg but when it comes to research; people know how effective is content marketing and it’s needed.
Benefits of implementing content marketing strategies for business owners?
Content is very helpful for business owners as it builds a digital asset hub that attracts leads and increases sales. Furthermore, the content has great power for credibility and trust as it answers all customer’s answers. It also lets businesses establish themselves as a leader that spreads influence and authority and also lets you educate your prospects and clients, building loyalty that turns them into fans and advocates.
While other marketing techniques depend upon money, as soon as you stop pouring money into it, the marketing strategies will stop getting you the leads but it is not the case with content marketing. Using this technique you do not need to invest anything. It keeps on giving you the results you need to share great, knowledgeable and unique content according to your business requirements.
If you can write high-quality articles you can see the results in a week, month or even after a year. Content gives you a lot but requires patience from your end to build just beyond the simplistic purpose of buying and selling.
How to develop a content marketing plan?
While creating content marketing strategy just focus on below-mentioned points:
- Focus on your goals: The very first step is to set up your content marketing mission statement. It lets you focus on what is important while creating a unique piece of content. But before creating a mission statement you need to focus on your target audience i.e. what type of content you want to use to reach them as well as the benefit they will get from your content.
- Get more signup.
- Get new email subscribers.
- Improve the search ranking of key pages and more.
- Identify your target audience:
Once you have worked on your business goal the next step is to identify for whom you want to write content. The four factors that you need to consider before writing the content are gender, age, income, and education. And to learn more about your customers you can try out by collecting feedback from them.
The feedback form may include questionnaires:
- How interesting are your content pieces?
- What do they want from your content?
- How do they feel about the content you are producing?
- Where to post content?
You must create a blog section on your business website and post content regularly regarding your niche to acquire the attention of your audiences. All you just need is to create interesting, compelling articles and post them on a blog. It will help your brand to grow as companies that normally create 16+ blog posts per month are expected to generate 4.5x more leads than companies that only publish up to four blog posts per month.
But to write the content piece there are a few SEO tips that you need to keep in mind in order to make Google access your content and bring your business on SERP.
While writing content you need to first search a few keywords say LSI keywords that you can target in your content and second is the length of your content; it must go beyond 1000+. The more you write the more it will help Google to find it trustworthy to bring your business on SERP( search engine result page).
Here are other important things to remember:
- Break your content into smaller paragraphs. While writing content just break the paragraph after 3-4 lines.
- Instead of talking about yourself, use the phrase we or you that connects audiences.
- Try to use visual elements to keep your readers engaged.
Other important platforms to post content:
Beyond blog posts you can take help of social media platforms, does matter what is the platform Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, people always look forward to reading informative articles or blog posts. The higher is the quality of content the greater it will get the attention of your audiences and the greater is the chance for it to go viral.
Content marketing is the best way to increase the trust, authority (as consumers also look to buy from a brand they trust), visibility (Your company name and brand name will be known by customers), and return on investment than any of the traditional marketing strategies.
If you are finding that your content pieces are not getting much attention, then follow these trends before publishing. While writing the content, you must brainstorm it and write in small paragraphs as breaking the content down after 3-4 lines will make it more interesting and engaging.